he story below is a novella,
which is set it the virtual world of Entropia Universe.
Through the diary entries in her PDA, the story unravels itself,
piece by piece the veil from her past is lifted, and the story unfolds.

Her future you may ask? Well, this story is all but finished,
and all it takes for you to influence the outcome is to interact with her.
To do so, you must download and log into Entropia universe.

Her name, or atleast the name she goes by these days is Acronoid.
But be warned, she has a way with people; and those ways do not
always lead to Rome...


#6 Heroic deeds never go unpunished

We all know them those brave young men; with the courtesy of a knight fighting for justice and to serve the Empire. The bound to be hero’s that protect the weak and fend off the enemies & robots alike.

I just plain fucking hate them.

My father was such a hero; a naive puppet fighting in the illusion of the glory of the Empire. With his golden heart found love to Su; a woman I cannot bring over my lips to call mother. a weak troubled girl who was sure to wander a dark path if not saved by his “knightly” intervention. When his family disapproved of his choice; they more and more strayed away from him.

I still remember that sunny day in April that year; when he last hugged me before he went on a short mission to free some deserted rock from a settlement of bots. It was really a trivial mission; just some cleaning up of a sector in space where the Empire was “victorious” over their own creation of silicone and steel.

Four days later I woke up to see my mother crying in the sofa. Her complexion still carved into my memories.

I pity that five year old girl whenever I think back. In one instant she lost her father, to what I much later found out to be a rigged mission; her mother who didn’t managed to stay clean from drugs till the funeral. And whatever she had remaining of a family on her father’s side, put their hands clean of that bastard child. In the spirit of restoring their “family honour and values”.

So you see, heroic deeds never go unpunished; even after you die in the illusion of doing good, you just have been backstabbed by your good faith and left your loved ones to wither and die.


This trip is giving me too much time to think. And thinking is the last thing I can use right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Credits

MindArk, for creating Project Entropia (Entropia Universe)
Jamira, for letting me use her sketches